Sunday, September 09, 2007

Meme of 4 tag from Wordtryst

She tagged me a bit ago.

Four jobs I've had

1. food prep (love that Friday night fish fry!)
2. sorting packages at UPS (I was so buff)
3. bookkeeper for an aluminum siding business
4. restaurant floor manager

Four countries I've been to

1. United States of America
2. USA
3. North America (the middle part)
4. America

4 places I'd rather be

1. On a lake
2. In a lake
3. On an ocean front porch looking to a pristine beach and the water
4. The Inn at Lonesome Hollow in Soldier's Grove, Wisconsin (their website pictures do not do justice to the Homestead Suites)

4 foods I like to eat

1. a properly prepared cut of Kobe beef (lived up to the hype and more)
2. the sauteed spinach which comes under the seafood trio at Mr. B's (the flavors come together in such a way as to render me unable to leave a stitch of it, which almost ruins my ability to fit in dessert)
3. I love a chocolate/raspberry combo
4. my grandmother's "slippery noodles" -- elbow noodles and simple cream sauce (another thing I was unable to stop eating until I was in pain)

4 personal heroes

1. my sister
2. my grandmother
3. my friend Peggy
4 Martin Luther King Jr. (pick a quote, any quote, and tell me you don't have goosebumps)

4 books I've read

1. The Mind of God -- Paul Davies (reading)
2. Possible Side Effects -- Augusten Burroughs
3. Magic Trees of the Mind -- Marian Diamond, Ph.D. and Janet Hopson
4. Potatoes Not Prozac -- Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D

4 words or phrases I'd like to see used more often

1. retarded -- if the mentally challenged people still don't want it, I'd like to claim it for the dorks
2. We are using a clean energy source for the production of...
3. Okay mom, no problem.
4. Sure sweetheart, I'd love to.

4 reasons for ending a friendship

I've never had to end a friendship. I've had friendships fade off due to separate paths and such.

I was thinking disrespect of personal boundaries, but then I thought of my friend Scott, who has no regard for mine or anyone else's, and yet -- I love him dearly.

1. Betrayal. I think betrayal would be tough to come back from.
2. Disrespecting any one of my kids -- see ya
3. you can't sleep with my husband -- you'd both have to go if that happened
4. Not doing a meme if I ask you to (hopefully none of you end friendships over a little thing like blackmail).

I tag Mel, Kay, Manic , and TTQ.

6 Comments:

Blogger KATE said...

I am loving your answers! Especially the retarded answer, I agree! I call myself a retard all the time, and anyone else who is being a complete moron!!
Thanks, Love your blog!
I have a guys down there doing the finish work, but when he's done I plan on ONE more coat. The red should look FABULOUS by then!! Thanks for the tip! & YES, the first coat was so hideous it almost brought me to tears. It's really pretty now, I just need it to even out a bit!
Thanks - Kate

2:05 PM  
Blogger kay said...

thanks for the tag kim, i will get right on it so check soon...

7:08 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Kate --I like "retard" even better than "retarded" -- I think we must claim all variations of the word.

Kay -- I knew you'd be a sport.

10:25 AM  
Blogger xxxx said...

I've never been out of the country either! Let's go!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Now you got me hankering for some fresh fried flying fish. That lake sounds gooood. There's a chocolate raspberry truffle ice cream from Godiva's that I used to buy in Miami. Heaven!

This was fun. Thanks for playing!

6:05 PM  
Blogger TTQ said...

I prefer plain ole 'tard.

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home