Thursday, November 08, 2007

So much for posting every day in November

I thought about it thought, so there's something.

I'm here today to document some kid love.

Once in a while, when my kids are at school, I'll set up a toy scene in their room. This has a two fold effect -- first, it causes delight in the children because they think mommy has been playing with toys and they think that's great. Second, they can't resist a good toy set up and they forget about Hannah Montana for the evening and play until bedtime. On these nights, dinner is more planning than eating -- too cute.

I can't do this all the time or it becomes old news. Sometimes they play for several days out of the same starter scene -- too cool.

Two days ago, I set up a littlest pet shop scene and the next day I found notes everywhere. The pet shop mixed with all of the Wii Zelda as of late, so here is a sample of what I have been finding:

Winefred & Louise

Dear Frankie,

We need your help in Kakiro Village. there's animal's lose that you need to find! There's 50 of them to be exact. Just take a pen, A pocket, and A checklist, or& don't forget there's A bag that the mesanger will send with this note. Please help us find our animals. (Hint: they're small & might be in smaller places!)

Sincerly,
Winnie Ann
&
Elizabeth Louise

P.S. Please Knock on the door in Kakiro Village that says...
Winefred's house.

We,ll be waiting at 6:00!!!

----------------------------------

Then I find a large sword drawn on paper, it's stamped with a pig stamp and has Frankie's name on it.

Another note:

Dear great Warier Frankie,

Your help here in Kakiro Village is greatly apreciated. I can prodict the future. Right now Kakiro Village is in great danger on Thursday Novermber 8th 2007 monsters, spirits, foes, & ugly creatures will be Invading at 5:00 P.M. for this of course you will need special weapons. Like a sword & sheild.

Please come & Help,

Winnie H.

_______________

With that note came a sword and shield drawn in pen on paper with the words "The Sword of truth" and "The sheild of Triforces"

and it says, "Here are your wepons. cut them out & they will become real."

-----------------------

There are a bunch of scrolls too, little scrolls with crayon drawings and pig stamps, rolled up and bound with yellow yarn. They are everywhere.

I love my kids, this is the best kind of crap to have laying around -- they were so into it.

Frankie did find all but one of the animals, a lizard, which we found next morning at breakfast.

I hope they are ready for today at 5:00, it's going to be a battle.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger blog author said...

wow. it's encouraging to hear that kids today still have active imaginations. i was afraid imaginations had been sucked out by TV. what fun. it's great that you join in the fun too. you sound like a great mom :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger kay said...

oh my gosh!! you rock!!

i'm so stealing the toy set up idea!

11:35 AM  
Blogger TTQ said...

I want kids..

7:58 PM  
Blogger Matchbox Mom said...

Good job Mom!!!
I'm glad that you're not like the rest of America putting your kids in front of the TV all day long! What a fun thing for your kids to do!!

Tami

10:58 PM  
Blogger kim said...

Awww shucks. And thanks.

Kay, you have to let me know how it goes with your boys.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Cecily R said...

Seriously. You are the coolest mom!

I love the toy set up idea! Obviously your influence has helped to make your kids bright imaginative little people.

I'm with Kay. So stealing your idea.

9:43 AM  
Blogger KATE said...

Oh my! First of all, what a cute cute mom you are!! I will definitely keep that idea in mind!! You are such a good Mama!!

Second- I LOVE those notes! I absolutely LOVE watching their sweet little imaginations!! How fun & how fun that you found them & can make a record of it!!

You get the Good Mommy Award & the Sweet Kids Award!!!!
Love it!!! - Kate

11:37 AM  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Oh-that's awesome! I used to think it was hysterical when my mom would put my headgear from my braces on my stuffed frog. I can only imagine how much your kids look forward to this!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

I love this! You're one cool mom, and your kids are great. I used drastic measures when my son was growing up: I refused to have a TV in the house.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home