Friday, August 08, 2008

"Spray on the glittah." -- Mika

Listen, am I packing for our "camping" trip this weekend (we leave tonight)? Am I doing the laundry so my family doesn't have to go naked or dirty? Am I clearing a path so I can even get to the washing machine? Taking a shower before I meet up with the insurance adjuster? Cleaning the crap out of the car to make way for fresh crap?

No. None of these things am I doing.

Instead, I come here to profess my love for Mika.

Because he makes me dance with big expressive arm movements and wish I owned a showgirl outfit (with big, BIG tail feathers). That there is reason enough for undying love, but there's more -- things like this:

"Diet coke and a pizza please, diet coke and I'm on my knees screaming BIG GIRLS YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL..."

Or this: "...gonna pick you up like a paper cup, shake the water out of every nook, oh, Biiillaaay Brown..."

And this one: "...Everything's cool, the rent is paid, the house is clean, your bed is made, but it's a ghost town in your mind..."

And here: "You talk about life, you talk about death and everything in betwee-een -- like it's nothing and the words are easaaay...this is my interpretation and it dOOOOOn't , dooon't make sense..."


Again: "...so I smiled and tried to meeeeean iiiiit, to let myself let go...."


This one: "...How can I help it? How can I help it? How can I help what you think? Hellomybaby, hellomybaby, putting my life on the brink...gotta be green, gotta be mean, gotta be everything more -- why don't you like me? why don't you like me? Walk out the door..."


And that lollipop song .

All of it.

It's dark, it's light -- it's BIG. Makes me happy and if I were twelve I would run out and buy the latest Tiger Beat to see if there were any posters for my wall.

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

tooth fairey -- there is no Mika hating on my blog.

...No.

11:21 AM  
Blogger kay said...

i think i'm now a Mika fan. fun music!! i'll be checking him out on itunes and downloading some tunes!!

thanks kim!

1:46 PM  
Blogger kim said...

kay, i should have known you'd be with me given that i go to your blog and let the 80's roll!
You have a lot of my favs over there.

I think ttq's blog is where i first heard mika -- she posts the best you tube stuff.

2:42 PM  
Blogger KATE said...

You're the best! love it!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Cecily R said...

I've decided something. Kate and I were wondering who could be our third if we were to ever duplicate the crazy stupid dancing at the very end of Mama Mia! the other night. It should be YOU.

That is all. You have no choice. Neither does she.

10:33 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

He is SO fun!!!

12:11 AM  
Blogger kim said...

I'm in Cecily! I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've a feeling it's for me.

I just did kereoke for the first time this weekend and now I have a fever. Kate needs her cowbell and I need a KJ(kereoke jockey!).

swishy -- so fun, and the immersion therapy has worked -- rich is in.

11:14 AM  
Blogger kay said...

left you a thanks at my blog!

love love love mika!

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CANDY'S FAVE<--"Diet coke and a pizza please, diet coke and I'm on my knees screaming BIG GIRLS YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL..." :-)

5:14 PM  
Blogger blog author said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE Mika!! (i called him MIKA (like Mike with an A) for a long time, but then realized its pronounced MEEka. whoops!)

when we went on our wine tour the other weekend, they started playing Mika (we're all fans in our group) and i was ALL OVER Grace Kelly with "I could be brown i could be blue i could be violet sky! i could be hurtful i could be purple i could be anything you like" and they were amazed that i knew ALL the words.

bc i'm down like that.

he's currently songs #1-4 on my run mix. great way to get motivated.

7:45 PM  
Blogger kim said...

mel-- I did that with your ek until you did the post explaining it was eek!

you are meleek, not melek, right?

well, I think meleek when I read it now so, hope so.

8:57 PM  
Blogger KATE said...

OH ~ Yes, you are our third! No problem I don't need a choice, it's done! YOu're in girl!

Oh & YOU HAVE TO GO SEE IT!!! We laughed until we cried and almost peed and made complete fools of ourselves! Too fun! total girls night out flick! Wish you lived close!!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

he is so beautiful! his music brings me up when I am feeling down! so glad you got the spark too!
suzanne:)

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home