Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Dissed by a kindergartener

I help out with my kids' computer classes and I was helping this one girl fill in her rainbow when I accidentally filled in her background, then couldn't undo it. Of course it happened with this child -- she's the highest strung of the group and immediately went into a panic. I assured her that it could be handled and worse case scenario I would make a new page that would require zero work from her -- this meant no extra work for her.

Hailey didn't seem too convinced and got a little more wound up with each of my failed attempts to rectify the situation. Finally she says, "maybe you're not as smart a mom as I thought you were."

Zow! Score 1 for Hailey.

I tried not to laugh as I once again assured her that life as we know it will continue -- I explained that even smart people make mistakes and that I was smart enough to save her picture -- smart enough even, to know when I'd been licked by a simple painting program -- smart enough to know when to get Mrs. Fladell to fix it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this next time:

"You know honey, it's little smart asses like you that drive their parents apart. Or didn't you know mommy and daddy are getting divorced? Nice work sweetheart."

4:32 PM  
Blogger TTQ said...

ouch!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Kari Lee Townsend said...

Wow. Hmmm, I got nothin'.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home