Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'll take "Things that are fun" for $500, Alex





I just ordered these for my work in progress kitchen. I got the orange and I'm so excited about it. Our kitchen cabinets will be very dark, so we will need the punch of color.
We bought this to be used as our table, but it is currently just the top slab sitting on our old table because this is meant to be used with cabinets, so we have to make a support frame for the inside because we will not be using it with cabinets like an island, rather, we will be using it as an island/dining table -- I freaking love it for a counter height table.

Picture #1 is the table top -- the sides are the same.

Picture #2 is my kitchen just moments ago. If you enlarge the photo, you will see a box in the window sill -- this represents where I will be adding a shelf to the window to bring the height up to table top level (once the table is put together.) My five chairs are down to three and no telling when the welds will go on those too -- they are the chairs Rich grew up with. My new oven, looking out of place with all the old stuff. The cabinet is new (the old one crumbled) however, we had to get temporary white fronts as the brown/black doors were not in stock and we needed a cabinet, pronto. The white fronts were fourteen bucks, so we live with them until we are ready to order all of the cabinetry. We will be getting a new fridge too.

Picture #3 is my current kitchen flooring -- lovely isn't it?

Picture#4 Is the flooring we will be putting in (right now, the sample is "the stage"). We are doing the flooring in the entire downstairs, so kitchen and living room with unite and look like more space.

I wonder how it will all get done -- we have the talent, we just need the time. My baby has time management issues -- he tends to grossly under-estimate the time projects will take. He has been getting more realistic lately though -- so there is hope.

But seriously? If we get the table together and have chairs for all of us to sit on at dinner, I will be so happy (right now we drag one chair from the living room and one person sits on the exercise ball and that makes our seating for five). Aesthetics aside, my kitchen is more functional than it has ever been and my oven is a mighty fine and even baker -- mmm, mmm, goods' coming out of that one.

That's the update on that topic.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger ALF said...

came here via Melissa over at Hope for the Hopeless - just wanted to say hi! Congrats on the new floor!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Barrie said...

You will be SO happy when your kitchen is done!

3:24 PM  
Blogger kay said...

i love love love love love love love love those stools!!!! i may have to get those myself.

i'm very impressed. and i can't wait to see it all finished!

3:42 PM  
Blogger kim said...

I hope you won't be waiting long kay - I hope, I hope.

3:45 PM  
Blogger kim said...

and kay, those stools are a bargain! I had no idea counter stools were so stinking much until I started looking. I hated everything I saw in stores -- cheaply made, ugly and expensive -- no.
and anything I liked on-line started at $170 and went up -- some at $500 each and they weren't THAT cool. But then I started finding more reasonable stuff and contemporary/mod to boot. And then I found orange -- I love orange. Green is my favorite color -- any shade, but orange is starting to be my new favorite, can't stinkin wait.

3:59 PM  
Blogger kim said...

Welcom Melissa.

Barrie, I will be SO happy.

6:18 PM  
Blogger TTQ said...

We started more work too..I have to put pics up. I love the background color of the walls is that staying? The island/table reminds me of many a bars in Ft. Laud....all nautical and wood grained..

6:56 PM  
Blogger kim said...

I love that terracotta wall -- I think it's going though. I'm probably going a blue/gray -- ceiling and all. The cabinets are dark and the kitchen is small, so I have to go lighter. I'd love to do an orange ceiling, but again -- we have that low ceiling problem, so I don't think it would work.

7:40 PM  
Blogger AutoSysGene said...

Wow, I can't wait to see it when it's all finished. That is going to be classy with the dark colors and then the zing of the orange chairs. Very nice!!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home