Saturday, November 26, 2005

Not a poet

I have this part of me that, once in a great while, needs to write a poem -- or my version of one.
I have been journaling for years and this poem writing need has happened like ten times or so (mostly when I was single and ovulating). Of those times, I have one or two that I don't hate.

I never regret the attempt because it is fufilling to get it out. Plus, if I don't get it out my inner narrator gets hung up on spitting it out and I can only think in poorly formed poems.

It's funny that I get urges because I have no desire to be a poet and I never liked poetry readings (I liked the freedom of expression and the passion of the people -- it's just not my thing).

This time around I think it's a cry from the part of me that remembers what it was like to be able to write in solitude. To actually be in touch with what is going onto the page -- whether tripe, limerick, or deep thoughts on life's wonders -- writing without having to stop to go wipe a butt -- it's a different deal.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home