Friday, June 29, 2007

Chasing the sandman

If I almost get a nap, then I have to have a nap -- but I don't usually get that nap.

I was being quite productive today and then I took a lunch break -- it wasn't the lunch that put the cog in the wheel -- it was the realization, during lunch, that I had "Hey Paula" sitting on the DVD just a waitin to be viewed.

Lunch + TV = nodding off.

Nodding off, however, does not = nap -- nodding off = a few moments of bliss ending abruptly by requests to comb doll hair, button a shirt, answer snack questions and all kinds of parenting things.

That damn bliss -- she's a powerful Siren -- she fogs my reason and fools me into believing that just a few more minutes and I will fall into slumber.

Why there isn't some sane person in my head sounding the "this road to frustration and wasted afternoon" alarm, I know not -- all of me falls for this nap trick again and again.

Well, of course it didn't happen -- I just got groggy and frustrated and made some coffee.

The afternoon coffee doesn't work like the morning coffee -- I stay fogged, but add a stomach ache and mild heartburn into the mix.

The nap obsession has turned me into an old lady.

This is the last time I fall for it -- I'm serious -- that's it, no more naps -- naps R dumb -- for weenies even.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger TTQ said...

naps are very unkind to me, my body protests the getting up part, if I nap..I'musually done for the day. Though if I never get up until 2 or 3 in the afternoon I'm ok.strange.

9:24 PM  
Blogger blog author said...

i love naps. they're my favorite. you just have to get rid of the kids. kids are nap killers. when zeke (the dog) comes into my office, curls up on his bed, and begins snoring while i'm working, a nap is very hard to resist....

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home