Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I have identified the problem

You would not believe the amount of life issues that are on my plate right now, but I will say it's to the point where I have to say mantras and work hard to focus on the task at hand.

I get the feeling that I am leaking a lot more of the simmering stress than I like to think because people keep saying things to the effect of me using these crisis' as an opportunity for identifying issues and working toward self-improvement. My first thought keeps being, "I know what my issue is -- my issue is, fuck you, that's my issue."

What do you think? I think I'm on to a best-selling self-help book here. The title will be: It Is Everyone Else -- the only two words or single gesture you will ever need for boundary setting.

More like a manual, one chapter for visual learners and the other for the wordy folk.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TTQ said...

And this reminds me of what my "mentor" tells me.. "You know you can start your day over whenever you want" To which I promptly think "Fuck You, it would still suck" I got a long way to go huh? I have lots of witty responses to mantras that are so cliche and make you want to strangle the next person who utters one. progress not perfection...
I'll save a space in my self-help bookshelf for your book.

9:42 PM  
Blogger xxxx said...

I'd buy it!

Hang in there :)

11:37 PM  
Blogger kim said...

I know God loves me because there was a Kathy Griffin marathon on yesterday -- My DVR is full, I wont have to do anything domestic for some time to come.

note: whats up? every time I try to use an apostrophe, a search bar appears on the bottom of my screen and I can type in nothing else but the search box. what?

7:54 AM  
Blogger kim said...

I forgot to mention how excited I am about the pre-sales :o).

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home