Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I really need to do the flickr thing







I need more time in my days. I have so many photos from summer and I'd love to post them all. Here are just a few -- I know that one picture is kind of dark, but it had really good detail of that funky "firework" flower. Not sure the real name of the flower, just saw the picture on the bulbs for sale and when it bloomed, it did not disappoint -- nor did that orange, purple pink thing. I'm not sure what that is either -- saw it at a local nursery and it was for our growing zone, so I grabbed it -- it's a bush, like a purple sage bush, but it has these beautiful, delicate flowers that have bloomed all summer long and are still out there now.

I think taking nature photos is more fun than looking at them anyway, nothing like it to promote awareness/connection to all the goings on in my immediate surroundings. I hope to get around to posting the spider web pictures though (need to find the disk I put them on) -- last week Lizzie spotted the small web on the way to school (she came running, yelling about "an amazing spider web" and it was). There was fog, thus much dew and the invisible turned spectacular with water droplets.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger TTQ said...

We have a firecraker thingy here too, wonder if it's the same? It only blooms once a year here.

I'm way behind on my flickr account too..and I have no excuse. just lazy.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Lovely photos.

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home