Tuesday, July 03, 2007

"so ya, thought cha, might like to, go to the show..."


And then there were camera phones.


I'm not going to take a lot of time for blogging today -- I'm too busy in the afterglow of my incredible day yesterday -- the time for reflection will, too soon, be upon us.

Today -- I bask and take in, tomorrow I share -- with pictures.

Quickly though, the last Pink Floyd event I attended was yeeeears ago when I went to a David Gilmore show with a very dear friend and was thinking of him and wishing he could see the Roger Waters deal with me -- lo, whom did I see before the show? My John Boy! (I waved back to him, out there on the lawn, from my third row seat).

I ran into another dear old friend -- that was a sad encounter and in sharp contrast to the glow of the day, but a marker for gratitude none the less (just pray for broken people -- they need it).

The super highlight was getting to meet the star of my favorite documentary of all time -- I'm so glad this guy lives, breathes, creates and does interviews. My friend Brian is the most quotable person I know -- this other guy is the most quotable person I would love to know, but am happy enough to know that he is -- his outlook is stellar and his wordings feel like personal gifts (dude is profound, yet practical and hilarious). And yeah, we had the camera phone for that one too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TTQ said...

I have Tori Amos on my camera phone. She's been there for about two years now. Oh and my Brother-Laws big ole head. We had front row seats.

Pink Floyd..Ah yes High School..smoke rings and munchies.

Two lost souls livin in a fishbowl..year after year..

4:11 PM  
Blogger kay said...

and i have Duran Duran on mine. (i know but i never saw them when i was young) they have been on there about a year and 1/2. i keep thinking i'm going to delete them but i just can't bring myself to do it. i like to relive the whole experience.

11:34 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Why delete? Storage memory being what it is you can be Hungry Like the Wolf and look at Tori forever.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Liane Spicer said...

Pink Floyd? Instant recall of youthful rebellion (imagined on my part, not actual. The real rebellion came later.) And Another Brick in the Wall. Keeps you grounded as a teacher. Which I was. Before I rebelled.

11:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home